In the 3D solid model renderings above you can see a 48″ O.D. X 15′-0″ Oil Field Test Separator assembly. Test separators are used in the oil field to process raw material pulled from the ground. By applying heat and pressure, the raw material is separated into water, gas, and oil.
When you drive around and see oil field operations, oil field test separators are typically on pad sites to perform the vital separation functions for harnessing oil.
Over the many thousands of engineering and design man hours our team has been retained for, we partner on the design, analysis and production of these machinery pieces. All the while, we have developed some special efficiencies which keeps our clients partnering with us for our speed, cost-effectiveness and quality of output. Here’s how we typically work with our clients on such projects:
- We are hired to design the piping, vessel and the skid via an agreement.
- We access our library of previous work and research the requirements.
- Our clients review our initial design suggestions. We have some baselines for this meeting and mark it up collaboratively with the client.
- We design the agreed upon pressure vessel in a program called Compress. This tells us how thick the shell walls need to be and what the design of the nozzles should be.
- We move the optimization data from Compress into our 3D solid modeling environment of AutoDesk Inventor.
- Some of the vessels have internal components. Some do not. We design accordingly along with the piping and how the assembly will be staged on the skid that it moves around on.
- Our final output is the set of fabrication drawings for the customer.
- The customer will refine and mark-up the drawings and we redesign accordingly.
- Once we have production approved drawings, we work with fabrication shops to produce the test separator. We continually communicate with the fabrication shops to accommodate design, materials and assembly for a final production of the assembly.
Our clients may need this type of work on a custom basis, while some clients have small scale production requirements, perhaps up to a dozen assemblies, for various pad sites.
Our efficiency and competency is stored in knowledge bases, engineering design templates and libraries. This allows us to produce such assemblies quickly and efficiently with design best practices and common components.
Need to get sophisticated engineering assemblies done efficiently? Let’s talk.